Not since Glee spent a week filming in NYC last spring have we been so bombarded with requests for information.
This week Doctor Who, which is primarily filming in the UK, is expected to begin filming scenes for the fifth episode of their upcoming season in New York City.
Originally it was thought the show would shoot scenes for the episode later this month, but last week we learned they were already shooting part of the fifth episode in the U.K., which means it is expected they will finish up filming the episode in NYC in the next couple of weeks.
Here’s the latest round of rumors about the shoot via our readers:
– Two of the show’s stars, Matt Smith and Arthur Darvill, were spotted in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan on April 8.
– There have been no casting calls posted as of yet (Monday, April 9) for extras for Dr. Who on any of the local casing bulletin boards.
– The No Parking Signs (posted on the streets of NYC when there is going to be a project filming) will reportedly be listed as Golden Bay under project name. FYI: There is also a TV pilot filming in NYC under the name Golden Boy, so be careful if you spot one.
– There is a rumor there are signs for Dr. Who around Washington Square Park in NYC for filming this week, but we have not been able to confirm.
– We also heard they may be filming at the Statue of Liberty at some point, but we have not been able to confirm this info either.
Since we are currently receiving tips and (LOTS of) requests for filming location information via Twitter, email, comments, and Facebook right now (most of which other readers can’t see) we’re hoping we can use this post as an OPEN THREAD for the duration of the Dr. Who shoot in NYC where readers and fans can post whatever information or questions they have. We also add any updates we receive to the comments of this post.This is also the best way for fans to help each other find them filming in NYC.
Please post any tips, rumors, filming location information, or questions you have for the Dr. Who NYC Shoot this week in the comments below. If you have photos of the shoot you would like to share or have information you would like to keep anonymous, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We hope to make this post the one stop for anyone tracking the NYC shoot and we look forward to your help!