According to one of our readers, Stephen, “they are ripping up the field at Phillips Park [in Swampscott, MA] and putting in an in-ground pool for the filming of Grown Ups 2.”
The filming location for the pool, which will be the set fro many important scenes, has been a source of controversy for a few weeks but it looks like Swampscott and the production company have finally come to an agreement.
Trucks were already delivering fill, loaders were moving storage bins, and crews were working on generators and surveying the property in preparation of the shoot yesterday.
Grown Ups 2 is the follow up to the 2010 movie starring Adam Sandler.
Though an official start date for the pool scenes has not been announced, there are rumors that filming at the pool location may last up to a month on and off.
Here is a list of more confirmed filming locations in Marblehead and Swampscott:
– Permits were issued for filming through June 1st at Stackpole Field in Saugus. (This might actually be for another film, we are trying to confirm.) (Thanks Stephen)
UPDATE: According to the Boston Globe, the film will be filming at Stackpole Field during the week of May 21!
– On June 8 they will film on the hillside overlooking Gatchell Playground on Route 114 in Marblehead where an ice cream stand will be constructed.
– Gatchell’s Playground and Seaside Park in Marblehead
– Marblehead Veterans Middle School
– Swampscott Train Station
– On June 4th they will film at Swampscott Middle School.
– UPDATE: on May 23 they are filming at the Tewksbury KMART.
If you spot Grown Ups 2 filming in Massachusetts, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!