As we’ve reported, construction has been underway for several weeks on a new Transformers 4 set in downtown Detroit, MI, and now they are finally ready to start using it.
The massive set, located on Washington Blvd, near Grand Circus Park, appears to be a Chinese city that has been partially demolished. Many have also noted a “spaceship”-looking structure in the middle of the set.
– Clifford Street from the center of Washington Boulevard to W. Adams Street from July 26 to Aug. 10.
– Bagley Avenue from Park Avenue to Cass Avenue from July 26 to Aug. 10.
– Times Square between Clifford Street and Grand River Avenue from July 23 to Aug. 10.
Transformers4.jpg’Transformers 4′ official logoCourtesy image
– Middle Street Clifford Street to Grand River Avenue from July 26 to Aug. 10.
– Elizabeth Street from Clifford Street to Grand River Avenue from July 30 to Aug. 10.
– South-bound Washington Boulevard from Park Avenue to Grand River Avenue from July 19 to Aug. 10.
– Grand River Avenue from Cass Avenue to Washington Boulevard will be intermittently fully closed, but definitely all day on Aug. 4, when filming will be concentrating at the Rosa Parks Transit Center and Times Square.
– Park Avenue from W. Adams Street to the center of Washington Boulevard will be intermittently closed from July 31 to Aug. 10.
Filming will include “simulated gunfire, controlled pyrotechnic explosions, precision driving potentially involving squealing tires, controlled vehicle crashes and smoke.”
If you spot Transformers 4 filming in Detroit, let us know about it at firstname.lastname@example.org!