Film festival season is in full swing once again. While Venice greets stars on the red carpet, half a world away in Telluride, Colorado, they’re gearing up for the start of their 40th year of showcasing great movies.
This year the festival will run five days instead of the usual four, from August 29 to September 2, 2013, and is being dedicated to the late Roger Ebert.
Here are some highlights of what films they’ll have at the festival:
• ALL IS LOST (d. J.C. Chandor, U.S., 2013)
• BEFORE THE WINTER CHILL (d. Philippe Claudel, France, 2013)
• BETHLEHEM (d. Yuval Adler, Israel, 2013)
• BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR (d. Abdellatif Kechiche, France, 2013)
• BURNING BUSH (d. Agnieszka Holland, Czech Republic, 2013)
• DEATH ROW: BLAINE MILAM + ROBERT FRATTA (d. Werner Herzog, U.S., 2013)
• FIFI HOWLS FROM HAPPINESS (d. Mitra Farahani, U.S., 2013)
• THE GALAPAGOS AFFAIR: SATAN CAME TO EDEN (d. Dan Geller, Dayna Goldfine, U.S., 2013)
• GLORIA (d. Sebastián Lelio, Chile, 2013)
• GRAVITY (d. Alfonso Cuarón, U.S./U.K., 2013)
• IDA (d. Pawel Pawlikowski, Poland, 2013)
• INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS (d. Joel and Ethan Coen, U.S., 2013)
• THE INVISIBLE WOMAN (d. Ralph Fiennes, U.K., 2013)
• LABOR DAY (d. Jason Reitman, U.S., 2013)
• THE LUNCHBOX (d. Ritesh Batra, India, 2013)
• LA MAISON DE LA RADIO (d. Nicolas Philibert, France, 2013)
• MANUSCRIPTS DON’T BURN (d. Mohammad Rasoulof, Iran, 2013)
• THE MISSING PICTURE (d. Rithy Panh, Cambodia/France, 2013)
• NEBRASKA (d. Alexander Payne, U.S., 2013)
• PALO ALTO (d. Gia Coppola, U.S., 2013)
• THE PAST (d. Asghar Farhadi, France/Italy, 2013)
• SLOW FOOD STORY (d. Stefano Sardo, Italy, 2013)
• STARRED UP (d. David Mackenzie, U.K., 2013)
• TIM’S VERMEER (d. Teller, U.S., 2013)
• TRACKS (d. John Curran, Australia, 2013)
• UNDER THE SKIN (d. Jonathan Glazer, U.K., 2013)
• THE UNKNOWN KNOWN (d. Errol Morris, U.S., 2013)
As well as getting to see some movies, there will be a ceremony where Silver Medallions will be presented to the Coen Brothers and Robert Redford, along with Iranian director Mohammad Rasoulof.
Going to Telluride? We’d love it if you shared your experiences at the festival, so email us your stories and photos at firstname.lastname@example.org!