The Divergent Series: Allegiant (part 1) has commenced filming in and around Atlanta, Georgia, and here’s what we know about the shoot so far:
– CL Casting is handling extras locally and their latest casting call is looking for Boxers, Ladies with Muscles and Men with Scruff, check out the details on Facebook.
– All filming will take place in and around Atlanta, where Insurgent was also filmed exactly one year ago.
– The directional signs they are using say Element (this is also the movie’s working title).
– Last week marked the first week of filming and the production spent most of the week shooting scenes at Emory (Briarcliff campus).
– The final book in Veronica Roth’s trilogy is being split in half, so Allegiant: Part 1 and Allegiant: Part 2 are being shot separately. Part 1 finds Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) escaping beyond the wall around Chicago to finally discover the shocking truth of what lies beyond.
We thought it would be a good idea to start an open thread for Allegiant: Part 1, like we have with other popular movies, so fans in the Atlanta area can have one place to talk about all of the movie’s filming locations as they’re uncovered.
Bookmark this page and use it to discuss Allegiant, its filming locations, or any sightings of the cast you may have while they are shooting in Atlanta.
If you have any scoop, photos, or news to share regarding Allegiant, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tweet us!